Hollister Happenings

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Visitors

We've had such an exciting month. My mom and aunt came to visit us in Tennessee. A few weeks before their scheduled visit my mom fell down while running and broke her shoulder. The break was severe and required a partial shoulder replacement. She was determined to make the trip and just 10 days after surgery she boarded a plane and headed East.

We waited with great anticipation for their arrival. Their flights were scheduled to arrive within 30 minutes of each other around the 10:00 hour. The kids had school the next day but begged to go to the airport and promised to get up in the morning. No one wanted to miss the big moment; we were all there eagerly waiting for our visitors. When they arrived we were all very excited and couldn't wait to show them everything we could about our new home.

During their stay they helped me do some decorating including the creation of two beautiful wreaths for my front doors.

We visited a few mansions in the area and learned about their significance during the Civil War. I'm pretty sure that our visit to The Grand Ole Opry was a highlight of their visit. We saw Mel and Pam Tillis,  Riders in The Sky, Vince Gill and Amy Grant along with a few comedians. During their stay we took them to some of our favorite restaurants. It was so fun to just be together. We were very sad when my aunt had to leave. Just before we took her to the airport we did a little downtown Nashville tour.

We were able to carry on a long held tradition of making doughnuts on Halloween. Grandma directed Ryan in how to do everything from making the dough to dipping the finished product into the glaze. I know it meant so much to my kids to have her here. Many of the traditions we have enjoyed over the years have had to change as a result of our move so even though Halloween isn't a huge holiday it was nice to have that little piece of home.


I know it would have been easier for my mom to stay home and recuperate from her injury but I am so grateful that she decided to come and I hope being here helped with her healing. It was very hard to see her go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home