Hollister Happenings

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tennessee Transition

Last Tuesday a big orange truck pulled up to our house. Movers quickly began the task of packing the contents of our home. It was strange at first to have complete strangers opening my cupboards and drawers but it was clear that these people knew exactly what they were doing. By the end of the first day most of the interior of the house was packed and we left to spend the night in a hotel. The following day the movers continued to pack items from the garage and then began loading the truck. Around 6:00 the truck pulled away from a nearly empty house.
The next three days were spent cleaning, making trips to the dump and the D.I. trailer and spending as much time with friends and family as possible. I have always known that I have wonderful friends and family that love me and my family; this past few weeks so many have come to my aid and expressed thier love for us. I have felt an overwhelming gratitude for all of the wonderful people in my life and an intense sadness that I will not be in daily association with them.
Early Sunday morning we arrived at the airport and began our journey to Nashville. I volunteered to get bumped off of the second leg of our flight in order to get money toward future airline tickets. I spent most of the day in the Denver airport and finally arrived in Nashville at 11:30pm.
Nashville has welcomed us with amazing weather. It has been in the 80's everyday since we've been here. The locals tell us this unusually warm but I'm not complaining. Late in the afternoon storms blow in producing thunder, lighting and lots of rain but its warm.
We have spent this week finalizing plans for the house we are building and making preparations to move into our apartment. Today we got the kids enrolled in school (they will start on Monday) and took a quick trip into Nashville to be tourists for a few hours.
Tomorrow the truck will arrive and we will be busy setting up our little temporary apartment.

1 Comments:

  • I miss you all already! Scott and I had the most amazing time on our double date. Check to see if TN has any frozen custard places near you. :)

    By Blogger Marissa, At March 15, 2012 at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home