Hollister Happenings

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Piano Practice


Last Spring, with some encouragement, Mackenzie began piano lessons. She began, as most new students to this amazing instrument, with a great deal of frustration. Though I am no pianist I would pull up a chair or sit next to her on the bench with hopes that I could help. If a note was played incorrectly I would kindly point it out only to find tears rolling down her cheeks and frustration building. If I said nothing and just listened she would say "Why aren't you helping me?" I looked forward to the day when she could go practice the piano by herself and I could fold laundry or fix dinner and avoid the frustration that we were both feeling towards eachother.


Practice after practice we sat at that piano and I learned about my girl.


I learned when she just needed me to be a cheerleader

When she was feeling confident enough for correction.

Some days I could push for perfection and she would eagerly work harder

other days we needed to ignore the flaws knowing tomorrow would be better


And now.....,,,,,,,,

I look forward to our piano practice sessions and the time we get to share.

Mackenzie I hope there will always be room for me on the bench.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home