Hollister Happenings

Friday, September 19, 2008

Creature Feature



In April we finally succumbed to the pleadings of our children, especially Ryan, to get a dog. We decided to surprise Ryan for his birthday so the search began for the perfect puppy. Actually I didn't really want a puppy I wanted a dog that had already gone through the puppy stuff. I went to the humane society three or four times a week trying to find the "one". Finally after many weeks of searching I saw a dog that I thought was very pretty and she had a sweet face. She was the perfect size, big enough to go running with me but not too big, she is only about 50 pounds. When I saw the type of dog that she was (Mastiff/Boxer) I almost ran the other way but with some reassurance from the volunteers that she was full grown we decided to adopt her. Her name is Brindle and we all love her.

Ryan and his dog



Brindle shares her bed with her cousin Snoopy who came for a visit. They ran around the backyard with wild abandon until they were exhausted. Aren't they cute?